Hacking & Some Interesting Facts
We used to hear the word “hacking” in our day to day life but we never thought that the seriousness of this word.At present , almost all of us are having online account at some of websites but do we really know what kind of process is going on at back side?
We sign up in every website or in any application without knowing that how they can use our data and we also don’t know that our data can be compromised in those websites.I am not saying that you should not make any account in websites but you should have your safe side first and then create account.
So, in this blog I will share my views on what is hacking and how to prevent your self from hacking.
What is Hacking ?
Hacking is an attempt to exploit a computer system or a private network inside a computer. Simply put, it is the unauthorized access to or control over computer network security systems for some illicit purpose.
So, in normal words we can say that hacking is kind of illegal access to one’s digital property.
Now,coming towards that how we can save us from getting hacked ?
1. Keep your account secure :
- Keep your password complex : Your passwords to access your accounts on apps or websites should consist of a combination of numbers, upper- and lower-case letters, and special characters that is difficult to guess.And do not keep your password same for more than two websites or application.
- Don’t give out your password : This is a very obvious and basic advise to keep your privacy private.
- Change your password often : To keep your password secure you should change your old password after some period of time.According to my preferences six months of time is preferable to change your old password.
- Use two side authentication : Many big websites provides this amazing feature that you can enable it from settings.You have to write the code (OTP – One Time Password) that have sent to your registered mobile phone or email id after inputting the username and password.So, it will be more difficult for hacker even if he/she has cracked your password.
- Read the kind of access that you are giving to the to website to access your data : You can’t ignore this thing while you are installing some application or singing up in some websites.
2. Safety of computer :
- Keep your hard disk / hard drives in encrypted mode : If you have encrypted your hard disk then hacker will unable to read stored data.Use BitLocker default service that is for windows users.It is default feature provided by windows.
- Install all updates if they are available : It will improve your computer’s security up to some extend.
- Backing up of data : Having the habit of backing up your data is the best for being safe from hacking.Many hackers hack your computers and then will give message that if you want your data back then pay money to us and that money is not small amount , it demands in millions.So, back your data on some period of time.
- Install good antivirus: Antivirus software recognizes and removes potentially harmful files and programs as soon as you download them.There are many good antivirus is available you can buy it online also.
3. Security of network :
- Download preferences : Always download data from secure and reputed websites.Ignore the website that are not containing HTTPS to download any data.It shows that it is not secure to download.
- Recognition of fake website URL : Verify URL two times before entering password into any particular website because some time it is possible that there are very small change in the URL it means in the name of website like dash between two words for example original URL of flipkart is www.flipkart.com, but may be it is possible that you are entering your credentials into www.flipcart.com a very small change is of ‘k’ and ‘c’ that I have highlighted.
There is many more techniques to be safe in this digital world but these are some of the important techniques to be safe while you are dealing with internet and computers.Because it is as much as important as you keep your house safe.
Visit Geekspot again to get the latest updates.Thank You. 🙂
Be the First to comment.